Welcome to our website. You should read these terms and conditions carefully before using the site. By accessing or using this website or otherwise indicating your consent, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and the documents referred to therein, which govern Richone (UK) Limited’s (trading as Dawson and Briant) relationship with you in relation to this website. If you do not agree with or accept any of these terms, please cease using this website immediately.
Please note that no goods or cash are held at any time at Richone (UK) Limited’s registered office.
Please note that the following website addresses belong to and are under the control of Dawson & Briant inc Richone UK Ltd T/A Dawson & Briant (Gold – DB Brand):
Please also note that Gold DB is a brand belonging to Richone (UK) Limited & Dawson and Briant.
The term Dawson & Briant inc Richone (UK) Ltd company number 04459300 T/A Dawson & Briant, “us” or “we” refers to the owner of this website, whose registered office is at 5 Elstree Gate, Elstree Way, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6 1JD, United Kingdom.
The term “you” refers to the person accessing or using this website or its content.
- This website is for your personal use only.
- In order to use this service you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and have capacity to enter into legally binding contracts.
- Own the items that you are wanting to sell, and, if demanded, be able to prove right of ownership by providing a
purchase receipt or alternative documentation to the satisfaction of us.
- Be acting on your own behalf.
- Be domiciled in the United Kingdom.
- To ensure that we meet all our legal obligations, should the value of your items exceed £1000.00, you agree that you may be required to provide us with proof of ownership as per clause 2(b) above and proof of identification. Where this is required, this would need to be completed prior to any payment being made to you.
- You guarantee that any items sent to us are unencumbered and free from any third party rights.
- You guarantee that any of the items sent to us have not been received as a result of any illegal activity in the United Kingdom or any other country and that any transaction that takes place will not result in us being in violation of any anti money laundering, anti-terrorism or any other applicable UK legislation.
- You must not knowingly send any hazardous metals or materials to Richone (UK) Limited.
- Please note we do not buy any costume jewellery, plated, fake or clad items but we do buy quality select branded watches, i.e stainless steel, mixed metals which are accompanied with the relevant paperwork and boxes and are suitable for resale.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice and we therefore recommend that you print off a copy before sending us your items. This is to ensure that the service provided is in accordance with the terms and conditions in force at the relevant time, unless, any change made is the result of any change required by law or government.
Posting your Items:
Please ensure that all items are posted to the following address only as also displayed on website:
Dawson & Briant
PO Box 777
Edgware HA8 8FQ
- By posting items direct you agree that it is your sole responsibility to package your items securely and to post
them to us by using Royal Mail Special Delivery minimum £500.00.
- Please ensure that you enclose the completed form that is available for download on this website with your packaged items.
- We only accept Parcels/Goods/Items that have been sent via Royal Mail. We recommend in all instances that you use Royal Mail Special Delivery. However, should you wish to use an alternative method of postage, we request that you contact us prior to sending for advice. Notwithstanding we will be in all instances informing you that you agree to take out sufficient insurance and that you will remain solely responsible for the Parcel/Goods/Items in their entirety at all times. Please note that we will, on all successful purchase transactions, on production of Royal Mail Post Office receipt, a refund all your postal costs appertaining to this Royal Mail Special Delivery.
- We do not accept any parcels if they arrive damaged or appear tampered with, and we reserve the right to refuse acceptance of the same.
- We do not accept any responsibility for delays caused by any strikes or industrial action by Royal Mail. Or for any delays caused by the working performance of Richone (UK) Limited & Dawson and Briant or the employees thereof.
- By using Royal Mail Special Delivery your items will be insured in the event of loss or damage for a minimum of £500.00. Please note, for all fully completed transactions,we will pay your postal costs.
- If you believe that the value of your items is more than £500.00, please purchase additional insurance from your Post Office at your own cost.
- This therefore means that should your package get lost or damaged before it is received by us, you will be able to claim compensation. All claims are to be made direct to Royal Mail and you will require your receipt.
- Once your items have been received we will notify you by email or by whatever means you have requested on the downloaded form. Our expert will then value your items, based on the carat of the gold or its worth to us, rather than their retail value.
- You agree that as part of the valuation process we may be required to test your items in order to validate their authenticity. Also understanding that the items judged as hollow or metal core ,metal filled may have to be actually cut, prized apart to identify throughout By agreeing to us testing your items you confirm that you also understand that as a result of the testing process a mark/damage will be left on your item. You further agree that you understand that this may reduce the value of your item(s) should you wish them to be returned to you for you to sell elsewhere – please note that it is never our intention to needlessly mark/damage your item(s)
- If you do not wish us to test/examine your items in this manner, then please do not utilise this service
- Any items valued and offered for within our “Elite” consideration service bear the same terms and conditions as already laid out within – also to understand that this service is not obligatory to be offered by Dawson and Briant, D.B Gold.
- If we cannot validate the authenticity of your items, they will be returned to you in accordance with the returns policy set out below.
- This is not a valuation only site, therefore if it is not your intention to sell your items, subject to receipt of a suitable offer by us, please do not utilise this service. If you do so you will be charged a £50 handling fee, to be paid prior to the return of your items, Royal Mail Special Delivery with £500 maximum cover. And they will not be valued. You may be charged additional postage charges if applicable to accept our Royal Mail Special Delivery £500.00 max cover.
Offer and Duration:
- Once your items have been valued, we will contact you by email, letter or phone, depending on the contact details that you have provided and we will let you know the price that we would be prepared to pay (“the offer”). It is at this stage that we will disclose the calculations/workings used to arrive at our offer price.
- The offer made will be for the entire item including any other materials and/or gemstones that the item may contain. These other materials or gemstones will not be returned to you unless you reject the offer, whereupon the whole item will be returned, although not necessarily the whole parcel, where an offer has been accepted in respect of some items contained within your parcel.
- You will have up to 2 days from receiving our offer to decide whether or not you wish to accept it and to notify us of your decision accordingly. If we have not heard from you after 2 working days we will try to make contact with you in order to discuss our offer. If acceptance of the offer is not received by the 5th day, we will return your items to you using Royal Mail Special Delivery, for which postal payment will be required prior to return. Notwithstanding the requirements subject to values of items – see point 4 regarding “No Values” – notwithstanding that if your parcel is in hand due to time lapse for return, owing to market fluctuations, another renegotiated offer may become possible, subject to your understanding that this “new offer” may be at a different level.
- If we have not heard from you within one month from when your items were received by us, following numerous attempts to contact you during this period, and all items have no value the items will be disposed of. The items, or if sold, any proceeds will be given to a charity of our choice.
- Due to the fluctuating market prices that we are unable to keep any offer made open for longer than the period specified in clause 3 above.
- Please note that we do consider separately the value of precious gem stones inset in your individual items and any price attributable to these gem stones will be clearly set out in our offer.
- If our offer is accepted then payment will be made in accordance with the terms below and in addition you will be fully refunded your postage charges, proof of charges will be required.
- Once our offer is accepted and payment has been made the items contained within your parcel become the property of Dawson & Briant inc Richone (UK) Limited, and they then have the right to deal with all items therein as they see fit.
- If the valuation of your items is £50 or less and our offer is accepted, then due to the costs of processing payment will be made by cheque only, sent through first class post, with proof of postage to the address given on your original valuation application and there will be absolutely no charge for this service.
Payment to You:
- Once you have accepted our offer to purchase your items, payment can be made in one of the following ways:-
- Cheque Payment (our preferred method of payment) – there will be no charge for using this method, sent first class post with proof of postage.
- Cash Payment – cash payments will be charged £10.00 to cover insurance administration costs plus postage fees. The fee will be deducted from the offer figure.
- Payment to your Paypal Account – there is no charge for using this method. But this can take up to 2 working days to be received into your account.
- Bank Transfer – this payment will be made direct to your bank account. For transactions below £10,000.00 there will be no transfer fee and this can take up to 3 working days to be received into your account (and if the transaction in excess of £9,999.00 the fee charged will be £35 per transaction (this payment could take up to five working days to be received into your account). These fees are to cover our bank charges when using this method of payment. All fees will be deducted from the offer figure.
- Payment by cheque or cash will only be sent to the address provided with the initial package received from you.
- In the event that you decide not to accept our offer or we do not hear from you within the required time period regarding acceptance of our offer, your items will be returned to you within 10 days in accordance with the following clauses:
- they will be returned using Royal Mail Special Delivery with the standard insurance cover of £500.00 only to the address supplied.
- If, however, we are unable to verify any of your items, we will notify you of this and return your items to you, subject to conditions laid out in T&Cs. You may choose at this time whether you wish us to return your items to you or for us to dispose of them. If you choose for them to be returned, they will be sent to you by Royal Mail Special Delivery, but a fee of £15.00 will be charged prior to posting (subject to weight and size allowance at minimum allowed by Royal Mail. In the event this is exceeded you will be notified prior).
- If for any reason, you do not want your goods returned you must inform us of this decision either by email or in writing. We will then be at liberty to deal with these items or the items themselves as they wish. Please note that if this is the case the proceeds of the sale of these items will be given to a charity of our choice.
Responsibility for and Ownership of Parcel/Items:
- Richone (UK) Limited accepts responsibility for any loss of your items once they have been received and in our possession, logged and identified contents. No responsibility is accepted for damaged items as we purchase items that are in any form or condition, even if damaged or broken.
- If items are to be returned then any loss or damage during the return will be the responsibility of Royal Mail and a claim can be made for compensation up to the insurance value of £500.00. Once advised of any loss or damage Richone (UK) Limited will make this claim on your behalf.
- All items remain in your ownership until an offer has been accepted, following which ownership of your items are transferred to Richone (UK) Limited trading as Dawson and Briant and we will then be at liberty to deal with these items as they see fit.
- You remain the owner of all non-validated items that are returned at all times and Richone (UK) Limited will not be responsible for any loss or damage of these items when they are delivered to the return address that you have provided.
Your Responsibility to Us:
- You are responsible for any losses (financial and otherwise) that arise due to ownership of the items being questioned or for any losses that we suffer as a result of you not being the owner of the items that you have sent.
- You agree to fully indemnify us for and against all claims, damages, losses, costs and legal and other reasonably incurred fees arising out of any breach or claimed breach of these terms and conditions, including all claims brought by third parties.
Our Responsibility to You:
- We will not be liable for any damage/loss to your items whilst they are in our possession, except to the extent that
such damage or loss is caused by our gross negligence.
- Nothing contained within these terms and conditions include any items that will affect your statutory rights.
- Telephone calls may be recorded for training and security purposes.
Your Personal Data:
- Your personal information and payment details will be protected in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and we will only use the information provided for the provision of this service.
- We will not pass your personal information on to any third parties except where we are required or permitted to do so by law.
- We aim to provide the highest level of service to all of our customers however, we do accept that occasionally errors can be made.
- To ensure that we can deal with complaints efficiently and effectively, please contact us immediately by writing to us at our registered address at Richone (UK) Limited T/A Dawson and Briant, 5 Elstree Gate, Elstree Way, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6 1JD United Kingdom.
- We will endeavour to respond to complaints within 14 working days.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions grants you a licence to use any of our trademarks or other intellectual property for any purpose what so ever.
- The content of this website is for your general information and use only and is subject to change without notice.
- Your use for any information or materials on this website is done so at entirely your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It is your responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available to this website meet your specific requirements.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Ownership of this buying website remain and Terms and Conditions laid out are adhered to with the consideration of the Shop selling items for which we agree to also combine agreement as laid out by our Ebay Shop and PayPal and we confirm that in no way are your statuary rights be affected in the regards of any purchases from our Shop.